- History of Enzyme Therapy: This section describes Dr. Gonzalez's investigations into enzyme therapy and cancer treatment, starting in 1981 with his investigation into the work of Dr. William Donald Kelley. A more extensive discussion is available in an article published in the peer-reviewed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine.
- The Nutritional Research and Educational Foundation, Inc: This Foundation was established in 1994 to administer the grant for the pancreatic cancer pilot study (see below). It fostered research in the areas of nutrition and cancer. A new foundation in Dr. Gonzalez's name has been started by his wife, Mary Beth, to carry on his work and legacy. You can learn more about The Nicholas Gonzalez Foundation by emailing email@example.com
- Case Reports: The January/February 2007 issue of the peer-reviewed healthcare journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine featured a lengthy interview with Dr. Gonzalez as well as an article by Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Isaacs which includes several case reports of cancer patients successfully treated with enzyme therapy. The March/April 2007 issue included an article by Dr. Isaacs about evaluating anecdotal evidence and case reports.
- Statistics: Some people ask for our statistics thinking that it will help them determine the value of our treatment; however, as we explain in our article published in the peer-reviewed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine and entitled Statistics: Why Meaningful Statistics Cannot be Generated From a Private Practice, the question is much more complicated than many might think.
- NCI-NIH Funded clinical study: For more information about the NCI-NIH funded clinical study ostensibly set up to test our approach in patients with pancreatic cancer but mismanaged by the academicians in charge, click here.
- 2004 Pancreatic Cancer Animal Study: The abstract from the article that appeared in the peer-reviewed journal Pancreas. This report details the results of the administration of the pancreatic enzyme material used by Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Isaacs in their treatment protocols to a group of mice with experimentally induced pancreatic cancer. This study in animals did not perfectly reproduce the program as it is administered to humans, but nonetheless the results were very positive.
- 1999 Pancreatic Cancer Pilot Study: The abstract from the article by Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Isaacs that appeared in the peer-reviewed journal Nutrition and Cancer. This report details the results of their first clinical trial, a pilot study, in pancreatic cancer.
- 1993 Best Case Series: The presentation of best cases is a tool that was devised by the National Cancer Institute for the evaluation of possible new cancer therapies. Dr. Gonzalez made his presentation of best cases to the National Cancer Institute in 1993, and subsequently presented three of them at a National Institutes of Health Workshop on Alternative Medicine in June of 1994. A summary of Dr. Gonzalez's presentation appeared in an NIH newsletter.
- Discoveries in Medicine Article: This article from the fall of 1990 details some of Dr. Gonzalez's early research efforts into enzyme therapy and the work of Dr. William Donald Kelley.
Copyright © Nicholas J. Gonzalez, M.D.
All Rights Reserved